Bluff Internet – Durban
Most who know me know that this is a project that I have been rather passionate about as I live in Durban South. Despite all the effort made to get people to add their voices to those that want fibre internet, the support has been sparse. The intent was to bring our own fibre to South Durban and thereby keep the costs below that of all the other providers in the other areas, but without the support, we can no longer keep the prices as challenging as we would like it to be. Being competitive with them was more a feather in our cap rather than a concern about competition, as there are no fibre providers (FTTH) in our area yet, except us.
This being said, we have managed to find a way to provide Fibre Internet speeds to The Bluff and still be able to keep it at a competitive cost. The idea being that those of us that realise the importance of the internet and are seriously battling with a degraded service will jump at the opportunity to not only better service but a faster, reliable and more stable product.
When all is said and done!
Having said all this I think the most important thing to point out is that our packages 'Cost less for more' than the current ADSL offerings. Without a doubt it is faster than the wireless products that are currently available and certainly costs less. Many people will tell you that a 4Mbps Fibre line is superior to a 10Mbps ADSL and I guess they are right when you take into account the fact that ADSL is Asymmetric (transmits one way at a time) and our connections are Symmetric (transmits both ways simultaneously) AND the fact that a 10Mbps ADSL only has an upload speed of 1Mbps. Whereas, a 4Mbps Fibre line has an upload speed of 4Mbps, likewise our Wireless at Fibre speeds do the same. eg. Our 45Mbps does 45Mbps both downloading and uploading at the same time!
What benefit do I get with these prices?
- The Connection is Symmetric meaning that if you are on a 15Mbps line you get 15Mbps down and up AT THE SAME TIME!
- The Connection has a lower contention ratio which translates to less people on the line and higher speeds… none of that slowing down to snail pace at peak times because everyone is checking their FB or mail.
- You no longer need your Telkom line but should you wish to keep the number we can port it to a VoIP package which is a saving of up to 60% on calls and rental, AND your number stays yours for life. With an added advantage that you can make calls from your cellphone from that number anytime you have internet connectivity. So when you are out you no longer need to miss those important calls to your home number.
How do I get it?
- Very simple, the first step is to contact us via email with your address and we will confirm availability and time period.
- We will also do a feasibility test to your address and inform you of the results.
- Once all this has been done we will then get the documents signed with you at your leisure
"As easy as that!"
Why time period?
While we have most areas covered it may take some time to lay cable to your doorstep… BUT there is an option for a large part of the areas to put a wireless solution in place immediately at the SAME speed and price as what you would be paying for the fibre. Then once the fibre gets to you we take out the wireless and light up your fibre. It also has to be said that the more people that sign up on your block the faster you will be connected, so tell your neighbours.
So how much is this all of this going to cost?
|Bronze||up to 15Mb/s||R699|
|Planned Packages not available at this time on wireless|
|Bronze+||up to 45Mb/s||TBA|
|Silver||up to 75Mb/s||TBA|
|Silver+||up to 105Mb/s||TBA|
|Gold||up to 165Mb/s||TBA|
|Gold+||up to 225Mb/s||TBA|
|Platinum||up to 375Mb/s||TBA|
Installation Fees (Once Off)
These prices are for a basic installation and connection
- FREE Router
- Month-to-month contract – R2200
- 12 Month contract – R1800
Add-Ons and Options
- Wi-Fi Range Extenders – can also be provided to you if you are unable to get a signal to all corners of your home. Prices dependant on product.
- Tv Boxes – Turn your older Television into a Smart TV and stream directly with a TV Box. Watch online streaming channels such as Netflix, Showmax, Sport, YouTube, etc.
Common Plan Features
- NO data caps – download as much as you want
- NO shaping
- NO bandwidth throttling
- NO fair usage policies (FUP)
- Perfect for DSTV, Netflix, ShowMax, IPTV, Online gaming
- Fees exclude VAT
Immediate connection – If you fall within the wireless radius and require immediate connection we will connect you and once the our fibre passes your house we will switch you over to the fibre at the same speed and price with FREE installation
You can read the full Terms and Conditions here
NB: SPECIAL OFFER (until further notice)
- All Packages include a VoIP line which saves you up to 60% on your calls (you keep your number) For call rates click here
NB: If you currently have a CPE Device which you paid another provider for and want to use it to connect to our network we will check the device for free and adjust your once off installation fee according to the device model, age and existing warranty.